.

.

Friday 3 March 2017

Review Cabaran Pertama Dance Of Death oleh Najwa Hanis

Hello Buku Jalanan Titi and the crew,

Below is my review for the first challenge:
 

Dance of Death, 500++ pages written by American authors, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child is the sixth book of Pendergast series. I am not so sure whether previous books lead to this book and this leads to subsequent books but I’m getting the whole story just fine. This book is about the FBI special agent, Aloysius Pendergast and his partner, Lieutenant Vincent D’Agosta. When Pendergast was buried alive behind a brick wall in Castel Frosco, his alienated brother, Diogenes rescued him and nursed him back to health. Then who is the villain? Mind you, the antagonist is the protagonist’s brother (interesting right?). Diogenes needed his brother alive to carry out his wicked schemes. Gradually, Diogenes killed people who are close to Aloysius (this includes D’Agosta). Pendergast and D’Agosta was beating time to locate Diogenes whereabouts while tried to identify and (if possible, rescue) the next victim even as the dead body count rises. Okay that’s enough. I’m not going to give away everything. Haha

It was my best friend, Atikah Afifah who suggested me this book. She usually picks up Young Adult books but now she claimed she loves detective/thriller genre. She just happened to find this book at one of Big Bad Wolf sales just for RM8. Also, you can find it at Popular as they are not that scarce but probably not all series. She said this is totally a gem after she read it and it was so much worth the price. She tells me that I’m going to fall in love with the authors, the storyline and the characters.

Well, I cannot fall in love when I haven’t met the authors? (obviously choosing looks!) but I do love their work. Looking at the Goodreads rating, I had a good feeling that this book is not going to disappoint me and it’s not. Similarly to my friend, I love this genre as well so I enjoy the serial-killer-oriented adventure.

Technically, my friend is into fast storyline and I am too. The elements of suspense really keep me turning pages because I want to know what will happen next. But you will not expect what will happen next. The story made me drenched in sweat (metaphorically). Sometimes I cursed at the antagonist for being so baddie without knowing the reasons why and sometimes I slapped my forehead many times asking why this is happening and sometimes I prayed that this should not be happening.

Honestly, I think this could be like Sherlock Holmes in US version. However, I do not adore Aloysius Pendergast as much as Sherlock Holmes because he lacks the detective wits and brilliance to outsmart his foe. Hence the little success he had in stopping those murders when Diogenes is smarter than him. But these characters shouldn’t have to be the same like any other novel right? Anyway, the authors know how to get the story engaging so thumbs up!

All in all, I think it’s a fun read. Don’t miss the fun. I recommend it! 


Regards, 
Juwa @ Najwa Hanis

No comments: