.

.

Sunday 31 December 2017

Cabaran 24 Jam - Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger oleh Ashley Khoo

Author : Louis Sachar
Publisher : HarperCollins Publishers
Pages : 168
Start Time: 8:15 pm, 6th December 2017
End Time: 8:15 pm, 7th December 2017


The final challenge for the “32 Books Challenge” was to finish reading a book in 24 hours. One other condition was also that the book had to have more than 151 pages. Because I had a lot of things to do and assignments to complete, I decided to read an easy book, one that I could finish fast. I chose my brother’s book ‘Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger’ by Louis Sachar.

The first thing I did before I started reading was to find the perfect reading location. I read in the living room of my college. It was nice to read there as my housemates were all in their rooms so there was no distraction. It was very conducive for reading as there was enough light as well as wind. The place was very comfortable and made focusing on a book easier. Besides that, I could read easily in peace as it was quiet and nice.   

As soon as I started reading, I made sure there were no other distractions around me. I left my phone in the room and left it in silent mode so that I could fully focus on the book. I read in intervals of 20 minutes to ensure that I would not get bored of the book. I set a timer for 20 minutes and during that time, I would just focus on the book. When the time was up, I did some stretches, made myself Milo and listened to some music. It served as a reward for myself for finishing a segment of the book. I did it to give myself a break so I could continue reading feeling refreshed after the break.

This was the first time I finished reading a book in 24 hours. Usually, I would take my time in reading to appreciate the writing. I liked reading at my own pace which would take a few days to finish a book. At first when I knew about this challenge, I felt a bit intimidated as I never finished a book in a day. This challenge has definitely made me a more disciplined reader.

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger tells a collection of wacky stories about Wayside School, the infamous thirty-story sideways building. In this book, Louis Sachar comes up with many lively people and funny scenes, all of which will have you chuckling in laughter. This is definitely a book for the inner child in you.

Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments: